Czech Republic Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: Sometimes when I search for a record, the images are not there, or the message says “Image Not Available.” How do I find these records?
Answer #1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 75 years or older, and all death images must be 75 years or older. If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Question #2: There are missing pages throughout this collection. Are these images available?
Answer #2: Some pages were not captured by the camera operator when the volume was filmed. This could be due to the camera operator missing a page or the page(s) could be missing from the original record. We do not have microfilms of these records. You may contact: STATNI OBLASTNI ARCHIV V LITOMERICICH (CZECH REPUBLIC), the original source of these records. They may be able to check information from the missing pages. On the landing page for this site, in the upper right corner are three flags followed by the words: Čeština, English, Deutsch. If you click on one of those words the website displays in that language.
We currently are aware of the following browse points that have missing images:
• Catholic > Děčín > Jiřetín pod Jedlovou. Missing L61-vol. 3.
• Catholic > Česká Lípa > Horní Libchava > Baptisms, marriages, burials (Křty, sňatky, pohřby) 1691-1739 (v. L43-1A). The double page which should contain entries 27 through 37 is missing
• Catholic > Liberec > Frýdlant v Čechách > Baptisms, marriages, burials (Křty, sňatky, pohřby) 1784-1818 (v. L37-16). Pages 153-154 missing, between images 81-82 and pages 104-105 between images 219-220.
• Catholic > Liberec > Habartice > Index baptisms, marriages, burials (Index pokřtěných, oddaných, pohřbených) 1784-1814 (v. 39-Index B). Page 444 is missing between images 29-30. Page 444 is the rest of S and T in the index.
• Catholic > Česká Lípa > Dubnice > Baptisms, marriages, burials (Křty, sňatky, pohřby) 1734-1784 (v. L35-2).
• Catholic > Lovečkovice > Mukařov > Baptisms, marriages, burials (Křty, sňatky, pohřby) 1761-1787 (v. 121-2). Pages 348 and 349 are missing between images 177 and 178
Question #3: Is the location for Catholic > Nový Jičín > Trnávka > Baptisms (Křty) 1788-1884 (vol. 6704) correctly identified?
Answer #3: Althought there is a Trnávka in the Pardubice Region (Pardubice District), the digital project associated with this browse point is for North Moravia and Silesia, Zemský archiv v Opavě (http://www.archives.cz/zao/za_opava/index.php). Nový Jičín is a town in the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic. Another link to the Czech Archives will allow one to search for the records in correct context, but unfortunately a link cannot be provided to the exact records in question as such links timeout: http://matriky.soalitomerice.cz/matriky_lite/
There is another Trnávka in the Prerov district (Okres). Possibly, that is the Trnávka to which this book, Catholic Baptisms, 1788-1884, vol 6704, belongs.
Question #4: When searching Catholic > Nový Jičín > Šenov, I find the records are mixed between Nový Jičín > Šenov, and Ostrava-Město> Šenov. How can I determine which records are from which County?
Answer #4: Each of the listings has a volume (vol) number in the title. Those titles beginning with 2XXX are from Nový Jičín > Šenov and those beginning with 3XXX are from Ostrava-Město> Šenov.
Question #5: When searching this collection in the county of Náchod and the town/city of Borová, I find images that are really from the county of Svitavy and city of Borová. How can I find the records for which I am originally looking – Náchod County?
Answer #5: At this time FamilySearch does not have the images Borová in Náchod County. These images are direct capture images which means they do not have associated films with them.
Question #6: Many of the browse points in Catholic > Ostrava-Město > Moravská Ostrava have incorrect year ranges. Please list the correct year ranges.
Answer #6: The affected browse points and correct year ranges are as follows:
Baptisms (Křty) 1749 (vol. 1803) year span should be 1749-1765,
Baptisms (Křty) 1784 (vol. 1804) year span should be 1784-1785,
Baptisms (Křty) 1784-1873 year span should be 1784-1874,
Baptisms (Křty) 1804 (vol. 1805) year span should be 1804-1843,
Baptisms (Křty) 1819-1874 (vol. 1833) year span should be 1874-1893,
Baptisms (Křty) 1819-1890 (vol. 1829) year span should be 1891-1893,
Baptisms (Křty) 1819-1893 (vol. 1830) year span should be 1893-1894
Baptisms (Křty) 1819-1893 (vol. 01830a) year span should be 1894-1894,
Baptisms (Křty) 1819-1894 (vol. 01831a) year span should be 1894-1897,
Baptisms (Křty) 1844 (vol. 1806) year span should be 1844-1857,
Baptisms (Křty) 1858-1868 (vol. 1807) year span should be 1858-1866,
Baptisms (Křty) 1858-1868 (vol. 01807a) year span should be 1858-1868,
Baptisms (Křty) 1858-1868 (vol. 1808) year span should be 1869 -1873 and index A – M,
Baptisms (Křty) 1869-1873 (vol. 01808a) year span should be 1869-1873 index M – Z,
Baptisms (Křty) 1869-1873 (vol. 1809) year span should be 1874-1876,
Baptisms (Křty) 1869-1873 (vol. 1810) year span should be 1877-1879,
Baptisms (Křty) 1873-1876 (vol. 1811) year span should be 1880-1883, and
Baptisms (Křty) 1879-1883 (vol. 01811a) year span should be 1883-1883.
Question #7: Catholic > Ústí nad Orlicí > Jamné nad Orlicí > Baptisms (Křty) 1858-1895 (v. 21-4a) year span should be 1880-1895. Where are the 1858-1880 records?
Answer #7: Catholic > Ústí nad Orlicí > Jamné nad Orlicí > Baptisms (Křty) 1858-1895 (v. 21-4135) year span should be 1858-1880.
Question #8: When searching Czech Republic, Church Books, 1552-1948>Catholic > Zlín > Malenovice, I cannot find any records I recognize? Why are there no records from the area?
Answer #8: The records for Malenovice may belong under the Province of Frydek-Mistek, rather than the province of Zlin. Since this collection is considered Direct Capture, there are no films available to refer you to.
Question #9: Following path: Czech Republic, Church Books, 1552-1948 > Catholic > Frýdek-Místek > Bystřice nad Olší > Burials (Pohřby) > 1890-1917 (vol. 08945a) does not lead to Catholic burials, but to Evangelical burials. Where are the records for Catholic Burials for this town?
Answer #9: See below:
- The records for Catholic > Frýdek-Místek > Bystřice nad Olší > Burials (Pohřby) after 1890 cannot be found at FamilySearch.
- Records for Evangelical > Frýdek-Místek > Bystřice nad Olší > Burials (Pohřby) > 1890-1910 (vol. 08945a) may be found under Catholic > Frýdek-Místek > Bystřice nad Olší > Burials (Pohřby) > 1890-1917 (vol. 08945a). The remaining burial records may be found under Evangelical > Frýdek-Místek > Bystřice nad Olší > Burials (Pohřby) > 1910-1917 (vol. 08945)
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Czech Republic, Church Books, 1552-1948 > Catholic > Místo > Místo > Baptisms, marriages, burials (Křty, sňatky, pohřby) 1651-1779 (v. 114-2) > image 7 of 171.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Czech Republic Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Czech Republic, Church Books 1552-1948 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2013, at 18:15.
- This page has been accessed 740 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More