Czech Republic Records OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Czech Republic Page►
- Church Records (Církevní matriky)
Records of births/christenings, marriages, and deaths/burials recorded by clergy. These records are housed in the State regional archives (Státní oblastní archívy).
- Jewish Records (Židovské matriky)
Records of births, marriages, and deaths of Jewish population. These records are housed in the National Archives in Prague.
- Civil Registration (Civilní matriky)
Records of births, marriages, and deaths maintained by civil authorities. These records are housed in the local government offices (Matriční úřady).
- Censuses (Sčítání lidu)
An official count or survey of a population for statistical purposes, recording various details about individuals and families. These records are housed in the District archives (Okresní archívy) and City archives (Mĕstské archívy).
- Land Books - earlier period (Gruntovní knihy)
- Land Books - later period (Pozemkové knihy)
- Town Books (Mĕstské knihy)
- Cadastral Records (Tereziánský katastr, Josefinský katastr, Stabilní katastr)
- Military Records
- This page was last modified on 27 August 2012, at 21:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,464 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News