Dakota County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Dakota County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Dakota County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||October 27, 1849|
|Address|| Dakota County Courthouse|
1590 Highway 55
Hastings, MN 55033
Dakota County Website
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1857, divorce and court records from 1853. 
1849--Dakota County was created 27 October 1849 from unorganized territory. County seat: Hastings 
- For a brief history of how Dakota County was named, click here. Then select Dakota County.
Apple Valley | Burnsville | Coates | Eagan | Farmington | Hampton | Hastings | Inver Grove Heights
Lakeville | Lilydale | Mendota | Mendota Heights | Miesville | New Trier | Northfield | Randolph
Rosemount | South St. Paul | Sunfish Lake | Vermillion | West St. Paul
Castle Rock | Douglas | Empire Township |Eureka | Greenvale | Hampton | Marshan | Nininger | Ravenna
Sciota | Vermillion | Waterford
- Dakota County Historical Society Online cemetery records.
- Dakota County Historical Society Searchable Dakota County census databases for the years 1857, 1860, 1865, 1875, 1880, 1885, 1900, 1920, and 1930.
- Dakota County Historical Society Mortality censuses for Dakota County for 1870 and 1880.
- Dakota County Historical Society Native American censuses for Dakota County for the years 1900 and 1910.
- Catholic Church Records for Dakota County The Dakota Historical Society has microfilmed all the records of all the Catholic Churches in Dakota County. Use the searchable index to find baptism, marriage and death records.
- Dakota Historical Society Brief history of Dakota County.
- Dakota Historical Society Interactive map of Dakota Co. townships and villages. Click on a township and read its brief history.
- Dakota Historical Society Interactive map of Dakota County historical sites. Click on the map to read details of the historical sites.
Civil War service men from Dakota County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Dakota County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies A and G.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies F and H.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B and F.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company G.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies F and K.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company D.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry , Companies C and F.
- Dakota County Newspapers Directory Links to locations and contact information.
- Dakota County Historical Society -- Online marriage and divorce records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Dakota County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wikipedia for Dakota County
- Dakota County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Dakota County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dakota County, Minnesota page 363, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2013, at 03:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,678 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More