Dallas Genealogical SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The object of this Society shall be to educate by creating, fostering, and maintaining interest in genealogy; to assist and support the genealogy section of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library in Dallas, Texas; and to collect, preserve, copy, and index information relating to Dallas County and its early history.
- The society meets monthly providing quality genealogical speakers. These meetings are open to the general public as well as to members.
- The society offers 2 full-day workshops (a Spring Lecture and a Fall Lecture) plus a 2-day Summer Symposium each year.
- The society raises funds to the acquistion of books and materials for the Genealogy Section of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library
- Society members volunteer at the library
Collect and Preserve
- Society members have collected records of significance to Dallas County.
- The Society publishes these collected records
- After publishing quarterly and annual journals since 1957, in 2013 the Society is launching a new scholarly publication, Pegasus: the Journal of the Dallas Genealogical Society" that expands its area of genealogical interest to North Texas.
The DGS manages a web site that contains the following information:
- Newsletters prior to 2009 with articles of genealogical interest about the Dallas area
- Searchable database for many local cemeteries
- Early Dallas County Court records
- Calendar of Society events including general meeting, Special Interest Group sessions and Educational events
- Educational presentations
- Jewish research resources
Facebook - Dallas Genealogical Society, Dallas, Texas, non-profit organization
Twitter - @DGStx
Other Dallas Resources
Dallas County, Texas, Societies
- This page was last modified on 1 March 2014, at 15:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,793 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki