Dallas Genealogical SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The object of this Society shall be to educate by creating, fostering, and maintaining interest in genealogy; to assist and support the genealogy section of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library in Dallas, Texas; and to collect, preserve, copy, and index information relating to Dallas County and its early history.
- The society meets monthly providing quality genealogical speakers. These meetings are open to the general public as well as to members.
- The society offers 2 full-day workshops (a Spring Lecture and a Fall Lecture) plus a 2-day Summer Symposium each year.
- The society raises funds to the acquistion of books and materials for the Genealogy Section of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library
- Society members volunteer at the library
Collect and Preserve
- Society members have collected records of significance to Dallas County.
- The Society publishes these collected records
- After publishing quarterly and annual journals since 1957, in 2013 the Society is launching a new scholarly publication, Pegasus: the Journal of the Dallas Genealogical Society" that expands its area of genealogical interest to North Texas.
The DGS manages a web site that contains the following information:
- Newsletters prior to 2009 with articles of genealogical interest about the Dallas area
- Searchable database for many local cemeteries
- Early Dallas County Court records
- Calendar of Society events including general meeting, Special Interest Group sessions and Educational events
- Educational presentations
- Jewish research resources
Facebook - Dallas Genealogical Society, Dallas, Texas, non-profit organization
Twitter - @DGStx
Other Dallas Resources
Dallas County, Texas, Societies
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2015, at 20:47.
- This page has been accessed 3,109 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News