Davidson's-Chamberlayne's BatteryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Assembled in April, 1862
- It was attached to the 13th Battalion Virginia Artillery, but served as an independent command.
- During the war it was assigned to J. F. King's, J. H. Gibbes', and W. W. Owen's Battalion of Artillery.
- After serving in Western Virginia it moved to Tennessee, fought in the Knoxville Campaign, then returned to Virginia.
- Here it participated in the defense of Petersburg and Richmond, and disbanded early in 1865.
- Captains John H. Chamberlayne and George S. Davidson.
men from Southwestern Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky.
- This page was last modified on 29 November 2010, at 17:07.
- This page has been accessed 231 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More