Day County, South DakotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Day County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Day County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||October 1, 1879|
Day County Courthouse
710 W 1st Street
Webster, SD 57274-1391
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1905,
land records from 1879 and burial records from 1930;
County Treasurer has marriage records from 1880;
Clerk Court has divorce and court records from 1885
and probate records from 1898
- 1879--Day County was created 1 October 1879 from Greeley, Eliminated 1 Oct. 1879, and Stone, Eliminated 1 Oct. 1879, Counties.
County seat: Webster 
A portion of the Lake Traverse Indian Reservation is in Day County. The remainder of the reservation is in Marshall, Roberts, and Codington Counties in South Dakota and in Richland and Sargent Counties in North Dakota.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Day County, South Dakota, p.624
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 31 December 2012, at 20:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,445 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More