Decatur County, Tennessee GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Decatur County, Tennessee family before?
Message boards and online family trees can help you learn if someone is actively researching your ancestors. More than a dozen books or articles have been published about Decatur County's families. Descendants of some historic residents have had their DNA tested.
- Main article: Decatur County, Tennessee
- Decatur County, Tennessee History and Families. Paducah, Ky.: Turner's Publishing Co. Publisher's description.
- [Doss] Multiple descendants of Rev. John Wesley Doss, b. abt 1809 Virginia, resident of Decatur and Carroll counties, Tennessee. Y-DNA 37 and 67 Marker Tests, FTDNA (Kits 40282, 88650). Genetic signatures available online (labeled Jw-1 and Jw-2), genealogical description available online, courtesy: The Doss DNA Project, World Families. Matches have been found.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Ausmus] Ausmus, Harry Lee. Ausmus Family History, 1711-1962. Johnson City, TN: H.L. Ausmus, 1963. FHL FAM HIST Book 929.273 Au72a and Heritage Quest Online ($).
- This page was last modified on 23 May 2012, at 17:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,171 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More