Delaware PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many family history periodicals publish local records of genealogical value. These may include genealogies; information about local records and archives; queries; census indexes; and transcripts of family Bibles, church records, court records, cemetery records, land records, obituaries, and wills.
The major genealogical periodicals helpful for research in Delaware are:
- Delaware Genealogical Society Journal. 1980-. Published by the Delaware Genealogical Society, 505 Market Street Mall, Wilmington, Delaware 19801-3091, Telephone: 302-655-7161, Fax: 302-655-7844. FHL Book 975.1 D25d.
- Clark, Raymond B. Jr. Maryland and Delaware Genealogist. Washington, DC: Clark, 1959-1990. Discontined printing in July 1990. FHL Book 975 B2m.
Most family history periodicals reprint copies of local sources of genealogical value. These may include copies of every kind of record in this outline. For example, researchers often find census indexes, church record, and vital record transcripts in genealogical periodicals.
Indexes. The periodicals listed above have annual indexes in the final issue for the year, or indexes in each issue. For nationwide indexes to these and other family history periodicals see:
- Periodical Source Index (PERSI). Ft. Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library Foundation, 1987-. FHL Book 973 D25per; fiche 6016863 [set of 40](1847-1985); FHL Fiche 6016864 [set of 15](1986-1990). Indexes thousands of family history periodicals. Annual indexes have been published yearly since 1986. For further details see the Periodical Source Index.
For more family history periodicals, study the Place Search of the Family History Library Catalog under:
- DELAWARE - PERIODICALS
- DELAWARE - GENEALOGY - PERIODICALS
- DELAWARE - SOCIETIES - PERIODICALS
- DELAWARE - [COUNTY] - PERIODICALS
- DELAWARE - [COUNTY] - GENEALOGY - PERIODICALS
- DELAWARE - [COUNTY] - SOCIETIES - PERIODICALS
- This page was last modified on 23 August 2012, at 17:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,240 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More