Delaware State Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question: Some records are attached to the wrong image. Is there a way to find the correct image?
Answer: On the indexed information page (record detail page) of some records there is a line labeled: volume/page/certificate number. This is followed by a number which is sometime preceded by cn indicating certificate number. On the original record, the certificate number is usually stamped in the upper right corner of the document. You can use this number to find the correct image by moving forward or backward using the arrows until you find the correct certificate. There are other images in this collection which do not have page or certificate numbers. These images come from ledgers where certificates were filed alphabetically by overlaying one certificate over the preceding one. In this case you can simply look at the surrounding names and determine if you need to move forward or backward using the arrows. When the record was filmed they filmed one record, turned down the overlay and filmed the preceding record until each record on the page was filmed.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Delaware, Death Records, 1855-1961 > 4252927 > Image 19 of 725.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Delaware State Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Delaware, Death Records, 1855-1961 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 March 2013, at 04:03.
- This page has been accessed 367 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More