Denmark Parish Register HeadingsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Typical Danish Lutheran parish register headings are shown on top, with English language translations below.
Southern Denmark (Danish Language)
The Danish counties of Äbenrå, Haderslev, Sønderborg, and Tønder are generally considered to be Southern Denmark.
Southern Denmark (German Language)
The Danish counties of Äbenrå, Haderslev, Sønderborg, and Tønder are generally considered to be Southern Denmark. The German language was used in the parish registers of this area when they were under the influence of that country. Some parishes in the lower part of Vejle and Ribe counties might also have had parish registers in which German language headings were used. Because of this factor, parish register headings in German were searched out in the Danish registers and are included as a research tool.
Southern Births (German)
Southern Confirmations (German)
Southern Marriages (German)
Southern Deaths (German)
- ↑ The sources used to compile these headings were:
- Arkivalieronline Kirkebøger http://www.sa.dk
- Dahlerup, Verner, et al. Ordbog over Det Danske Sprog. 3rd ed.: København, Gyldendalske Boghandel [Bd.1, 1918 through Bd. 28, 1956] (Unchanged Originals reprinted København, S. L. Møllers Bogtrykkeri, 1975-1977). At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Books 439.81 Or2d v. 1-28.
- This page was last modified on 2 December 2015, at 06:25.
- This page has been accessed 6,004 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News