Denmark Record Selection TableEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Denmark►
The table below can help you decide which records of Denmark to search.
- In column 1 find the goal you selected.
- Find in column 2 the types of records that are most likely to have the information you need. Then search the FamilySearch Wiki for "Denmark" and the record type.
- Additional records that may also be useful are listed in column 3. The terms used in columns 2 and 3 are the same as the subject headings used in FamilySearch Wiki articles and in the Locality section of the Family History Library Catalog.
Records containing previous research (biography, genealogy, history, nobility, periodicals, societies, and the International Genealogical Index) could provide information for most of the goals. These have not been repeatedly listed unless they are especially helpful for the goal.
|1. If You Need||2. Look First In||3. Then Search|
|Birth date||Church Records||—|
|Death||Church Records||Probate Records, Court Records|
|Emigration information||Emigration and Immigration||Societies|
|Historical background||History||Social Life and Customs, Societies|
|Language helps||Language and Languages||Encyclopedias and Dictionaries|
|Naming customs||Names, Personal||Social Life and Customs|
|Noble families||Nobility||Biography, Periodicals|
|Parents, children, and other family members||Church Records||Census, Probate, Court Records|
|Parish, district, and county boundaries||Maps||Gazetteers|
|Physical description||Military Records||Biography, Genealogy|
|Place-finding aids||Gazetteers||Maps, Encyclopedias and Dictionaries|
|Places of residence||Church Records||Census, Land and Property|
|Previous research (compiled genealogy)||Genealogy, Periodicals, Societies||History, Biography, Archives and Libraries|
- This page was last modified on 17 May 2012, at 15:06.
- This page has been accessed 1,640 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More