Desert County, UtahEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
When Desert County, Utah Territory was created 3 March 1852    it extended into present-day Nevada from the shore of the Great Salt Lake on the east to the western edge of the Great Basin in California between Weber and Tooele counties in Utah Territory.Nevada was used to form part of Carson, Humboldt, and Saint Mary's counties. Desert County was extinguished 17 January 1862 and her remaining land was split between Box Elder and Tooele counties.
For records of Desert County in what is present-day Nevada, see:
- Some records for old Desert County, Utah Territory may have been transferred to, or may have been re-recorded in the new counties formed from the old Desert County. See also:
For records of Desert County in what is present-day Utah, see:
- ↑ Utah Territory Legislative Assembly, Acts, resolutions, and memorials, passed by the first annual, and special sessions, of the Legislative Assembly, of the Territory of Utah, begun and held at Great Salt Lake City, on the 22nd day of September, A.D., 1851 (1852) (G.S.L. City, U.T.: Legislative Assembly, 1852), 162. Internet Archive edition.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 686. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 973 D274 2002.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Chart of County Formation in Utah" in Division of Archives and Records Service at http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/county-formation.htm (accessed 11 August 2011).
- ↑ John Koontz, Political History of Nevada, 5th ed. (Carson City, Nev.: SPO, 1965), 34-98. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 N2k
- ↑ Deon C. Greer, Atlas of Utah (Ogden, Utah: Desert State College, 1981), 162-64. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Q Book 979.2 E7a. Note: In several places Desert County is incorrectly spelled Deseret County in the text of Atlas of Utah.
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 04:04.
- This page has been accessed 2,637 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page