District of Columbia For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Eales, Anne Bruner, and Robert M. Kvasnicka, eds. Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3rd ed. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Service, 2000. FHL 973 J53e; FHL 6051414 has the 1983 edition. Excellent listing and description of how to use genealogical material available at the National Archives.
- Hall, H. Byron. Lest We Forget: A Guide to Genealogical Research in the Nation's Capital. Annondale, Va., 1992. FHL Book 975.3 D27b 1992.
- Pippenenger, Wesley E. District of Columbia Ancestors: A Guide to Records of the District of Columbia. Westminster, Md., 1997. FHL Book 975.3 D23p.
Another helpful source is:
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources, 3rd ed. Salt Lake City, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. FHL 973 D27rb 2004; free online version. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 00:22.
- This page has been accessed 961 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki