Dodge County, WisconsinEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Dodge County Wisconsin ancestry, family history, and genealogy research page. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Dodge County, Wisconsin|
Location of Wisconsin in the U.S.
|Founded||December 7, 1836|
|Address|| Dodge County Courthouse|
127 E Oak Street;
Juneau, WI 53039;
Dodge County Courthouse
127 E Oak Street;
Juneau, WI 53039;
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, death and land records from 1877;
Clerk Court has divorce and court records; Register in Probate has probate
records from 1854 
For animated maps illustrating Wisconsin County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Wisconsin County Boundary Maps" (1790-1961) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in Wisconsin Counties see: Wisconsin Counties with Burned Courthouses
Places / Localities
Reeseville - History and Genealogy Archives: http://webpages.charter.net/reeseville
- Dodge County, Wisconsin cemeteries Smaller cemeteries names and location on link page.
1855 Wisconsin State Census— Free usearchable images to the 1855 Wisconsin State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search This census includes name of head of family, individuals in the household by sex and race, number of deaf and dumb, blind, insane and foreign born.
1885 Wisconsin State Census— Free usearchable images to the 1885 Wisconsin State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search This census includes name of head of family, individuals in the household by sex and race, number of deaf and dumb, blind, insane and foreign born.
Church History and Records
- Church records, 1880-1930 First United Methodist Church in Hartford, Wisconsin. Text in English and German. Contains officials, members, statistics 1880-1899, baptisms, marriages, and deaths 1893-1930. Records also include congregations in Horicon, Clyman and Juneau in Dodge County.
- Records of the Lutheran Church, Dodge County, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Wisconsin
- Family Maps of Dodge County, Wisconsin (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com . Free surname search.
Military History and Records
Civil War service men from Dodge County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Dodge County.
- - 1st Regiment, Wisconsin Cavalry, Companies B, C, D, K and M
- - 3rd Regiment, Wisconsin Cavalry, Company K
- - 5th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry, Company D;
- - 5th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry Reorganized, Companies C, D, F and H
- - 8th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry, Company D
- - 10th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry, Company D (These men were from the town of Hartford. There is a town of Hartford in both Dodge and Washington Counties.)
- - 10th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry, Companies B, E, and K
World War 1
- Wisconsin, World War I Selective Service System draft registration cards, 1917-1918 The draft cards are arranged alphabetically by state, then alphabetically by county or city, and then alphabetically by surname of registrants.
Naturalization and Citizenship
- Wisconsin, county naturalization records, 1807-1992 Large number of links all viewable
For Dodge and Jefferson counties, order newspaper clippings from www.dodgejeffgen.com
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Delayed births, ca. 1937-1941, affidavit delayed births, ca. 1940-1942 [actual birth dates, ca. 1852-1907] Index to registrations of births, 1852-1907" (arranged by birthdate) "Unedited index to registrations of births, 1852-1907" arranged by surname)
The library also has a hard copy index: Index to Wisconsin Delayed and Affidavit Birth Registrations prior to 1 October 1907; 977.5, V22i. Delayed births are arranged by county, then date of registration. Affidavit delayed births are arranged by county, then date of birth.
- Dodge County, WI History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Wisconsin Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Wisconsin Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch Catalog
- Dodge County WIGenWeb Roots Web Ancestry.com
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. page 756 Dodge County, Wisconsin (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 22 January 2015, at 04:17.
- This page has been accessed 8,281 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More