Dorn County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Dorn County, Kansas was established in August 25,1855, never organized and was defunct by June 3, 1861 Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Dorn County was either named in honor of Earl Van Dorn (1820-1863) , or Andrew Jackson Dorn (1815-1889) both Mexican War veteran . Kansas Historical Society
Dorn County in 1861 was renamed Neosho. Neosho and Labette Counties were created 7 February 1867 out of Neosho County. More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Dorn
- Family History Library Catalog and Family History Library Catalog
- Neosho County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Labette County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 14:31.
- This page has been accessed 530 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More