Dorn County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Dorn County, Kansas was established in August 25,1855, never organized and was defunct by June 3, 1861 Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Dorn County was either named in honor of Earl Van Dorn (1820-1863) , or Andrew Jackson Dorn (1815-1889) both Mexican War veteran . Kansas Historical Society
Dorn County in 1861 was renamed Neosho. Neosho and Labette Counties were created 7 February 1867 out of Neosho County. More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Dorn
- FamilySearch Catalog and FamilySearch Catalog
- Neosho County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Labette County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 18:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,218 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page