Dorset CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
There is one crematorium and four cemeteries operated by Bournemouth Borough Council.
- Crematorium & North Cemetery, Strouden Avenue
- Opened in 1927 although the cemetery chapel was modified to encompass a dual role as a crematorium in 1938. A second smaller Cemetery / Crematorium Chapel was added in 1963
- East Cemetery, Gloucester Road
- Sometimes referred to as Boscombe Cemetery because of its location – it is adjacent to Kings Park and the entrance is on Gloucester Road.
- Kinson Cemetery, South Kinson Drive
- The most recent Bournemouth Cemetery opened in 1936.
- Wimborne Road Cemetery, Wimborne Road
- The first cemetery to be opened in Bournemouth, in the year 1898. The entrance is at the junction of Wimborne Road and Charminster Road and aptly known as Cemetery Junction.
- This page was last modified on 16 July 2012, at 05:22.
- This page has been accessed 1,861 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More