Dorsey County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Created 17 April 1873 from Dallas, Bradley, Jefferson and Lincoln counties.
- Named for Stephen W. Dorsey, the U.S. Senator from Arkansas.
- Renamed to Cleveland County 5 March 1885, after Sen. Dorsey was indicted for defrauding the Postal Office, in honor of newly elected U.S. President, Grover Cleveland (who took the oath the day before. Note: the inaugural day was March 4 until 1932.)
- For the records, see Cleveland County.
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 15:22.
- This page has been accessed 1,850 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki