Dorsey County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Dorsey County, Arkansas)
- Created 17 April 1873 from Dallas, Bradley, Jefferson and Lincoln counties.
- Named for Stephen W. Dorsey, the U.S. Senator from Arkansas.
- Renamed to Cleveland County 5 March 1885, after Sen. Dorsey was indicted for defrauding the Postal Office, in honor of newly elected U.S. President, Grover Cleveland (who took the oath the day before. Note: the inaugural day was March 4 until 1932.)
- For the records, see Cleveland County.
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2015, at 20:36.
- This page has been accessed 2,546 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More