Dover, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Records of the First Baptist Church of Dover, Dutchess County, N.Y. 1915. Digital version at Internet Archive. Includes membership lists.
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Dover Plains Library
1797 Route 22
Wingdale, New York 12594
Monday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dover Historical Society
N. Nellie Hill Road
Dover Plains, NY 12522
Historical Societies of Dutchess County
| Dutchess County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 708
Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
| Genealogical Resources: Family History Center, vital records, local records, maps, compiled genealogies, censuses, military records, Palatine immigration records. Online library guide.|
| Dutchess County Historical Society
The Clinton House
549 Main Street
| Genealogical Resources: Family Bibles, cemetery records, local and church histories, city directories, more than 125 family histories, genealogy surname files, maps, newspapers, New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Year Books of the Holland Society of New York, Olde Ulster, probate records, school yearbooks.|
Dover Town Hall, Historian
126 East Duncan Hill Road
Dover Plains, NY 12522
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Dover, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogy Address Book (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2009), 399-401.
- This page was last modified on 12 January 2012, at 19:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,699 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page