Drew County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Drew County Arkansas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Drew County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 26, 1846|
|Address|| Drew County Courthouse|
210 S Main Street
Monticello, AR 71655
Drew County Courthouse
210 S Main Street
Monticello, AR 71655
County Clerk has marriage and probate records. Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, military and court records; County Assessor has land records.
- 1846--Drew County was created 26 November 1846 from Arkansas and Bradley Counties.County seat: Monticello
See an interactive map of Drew County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- Drew County Cemeteries Drew County ARGenWeb
- Drew County Cemeteries Find A Grave
- Drew County Headstone Photos Drew County ARGenWeb
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Arkansas denominations, view the Arkansas Church Records wiki page.
- Drew County Church Records Drew County ARGenWeb
- Prairie Grove Southern Baptist Church Drew County ARGenWeb
- Old Florence Church Minutes USGenWeb Archives
- Prairie Hall M.A. Church South
- Pleasant Springs Missionary Baptist Church USGenWeb Archives
Land and Property
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Arkansas Land and Property for additional information about early Arkansas land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse and where records are currently housed.
- Drew County Pioneer Settlers Drew County ARGenWeb
- Drew County Federal Land Records USGenWeb Archives
- Drew County Assessor's Public Records Searchable Database
Local histories are available for Drew County, Arkansas. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see Arkansas Local Histories.
- Family Maps of Drew County, Arkansas (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Edward Gerdes Arkansas Civil War Rosters
- Drew County Civil War Amnesty List Drew County ARGenWeb
- Drew County WW 2 Army & Air Force Casualties Access Genealogy
- Men from this county served in the 3rd Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Confederate).
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Drew County, Arkansas newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records of Arkansas have been kept by the probate or county courts. You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the county courthouse.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records. See Arkansas Probate Records for more information about Probate records in Arkansas, including statewide indexes.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Arkansas Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred. See also Arkansas Vital Records Online and Arkansas Statewide Indexes and Collections at the Family History Library.
- 1847-1952 - Drew County Marriage Books A-Z, AA-GG Index 1847-1952 in Arkansas, County Marriages, 1837-1957 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1847-1905 - Drew County Marriage Books D-J Index 1847-1905 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- 1847-1861 - Drew County Marriages 1847-1861 Drew County ARGenWeb
- Drew County Early Marriage Officials Drew County ARGenWeb
Vital Record Substitutes
Genealogy Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Monticello Arkansas Family History Center
- Monticello, Arkansas
- Drew County ARGenWeb
- Family History Library Catalog
- Drew County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Drew County Arkansas Genealogy Original Arkansas Project
- Monticello-Drew County Chamber of Commerce
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 67.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Calvin L. Collier, They'll do to Tie To: the story of the Third Regiment, Arkansas Infantry, C.S.A.,(Little Rock, Arkansas: Civil War Round Table Associates, 1959) p. 10. FHL book 976.7 M2c
- ↑ FamilySearch Wiki contributors, "Arkansas County Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)," in FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 18 April 2013.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5c/Igiarkansasad.pdf.
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 17 May 2013, at 20:29.
- This page has been accessed 2,440 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More