Dundry, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Dundry, Somerset family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Bedminster PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558; For more records see Chew Magna|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1603|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
DUNDRY (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Bedminster, hundred of Chew, E. division of Somerset, 4½ miles (S. S. W.) from Bristol.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Dundry, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Dundry, Somerset Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474595.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1524 - Dundry Lay Subsidy, E 179/169/143. Copy: FHL British Film 2228722.
- 1524 - Dundry Lay Subsidy, E 179/169/149. Copy: FHL British Film 2228722.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 27 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 August 2014, at 14:13.
- This page has been accessed 1,528 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki