Duntisbourne Abbots, GloucestershireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Duntisbourne Abbots, Gloucestershire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Duntisbourne Abbots, Gloucestershire|
|Hundred||Crowthorne and Minty; Rapsgate|
|Poor Law Union||Cirencester PLU|
|Parish registers: 1683|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
DUNTISBORNE-ABBOTTS, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; near Ermine-street, 5¼ miles NNW of Cirencester town and r. station. It contains the tything of Duntisborne-Leer; and its post town is Winstone. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Duntisbourne Abbots, Gloucestershire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|DUNTISBOURNE ABBOTS PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288768.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Date accessed: 22 July 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- ↑ 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2014, at 18:48.
- This page has been accessed 2,190 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki