Durango Colorado Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Hilltop Cir Durango CO 81301 United States
- off East 32nd Street and Holly
- Evenings and weekends by appointment
January 1st: July 4th: Thanksgiving: Christmas:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Books on most states and British Isles, Austrailia, Marriage and Cemetery records for La Plata County, Colorado
- See lists by state at the Southwest Colorado Genealogy Society site here: http://www.swcogen.org/Durango-Family-History-Center.html
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Genealogy Bank
Hardware and Equipment
- computers, printer, microfilm and fische readers plus file cabinets with some permanent microfilm. Also books, research guides, maps
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Southwest Colorado Genealogy Society Animas Museum/La Plata County Genealogy Society
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 15 September 2014, at 15:43.
- This page has been accessed 1,005 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page