Early U.S. Immigrant RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See Bridging the Atlantic: Methods of Tracing Your 17th Century New England Ancestors Across the Waterand Colonial Immigration in the FamilySearch Learning Center.
Filby, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index
- - Filby, P. William. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index. (known colloquially as the 'Filby Books'). An excellent index of over 2,500,000 names of immigrants to North America found in more than 2,500 published sources. Because it was published in nine series with 22 volumes, this index is easier to use on the Internet where all series can be searched at once. Internet sites (fees apply) with the index are:
- • World Vital Records Index at www.worldvitalrecords.com/indexinfo.aspx?ix=pili
- • Ancestry at www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7486&cj=1&o_xid=0000584978&o_lid=0000584978
- 22 Volumes. Detroit, Michigan: Gale Research, 1981-. (Family History Library book 973 W32p, also CD-ROM no. 9 pt. 354.) The first three volumes are a combined alphabetical index published in 1981. Supplemental volumes have been issued annually. There are also cumulative 1982 to 1985, 1986 to 1990, and 1991 to 1995, 1996 to 2000, 2001 to 2005, and 2006-2008 supplements. This does not index official U.S. arrival lists or manuscript sources, but it does index the names of many people who immigrated between 1538 and the 1900s and who are listed in published sources.
Coldham, Peter Wilson
- • Settlers of Maryland 1679-1783 (FHL US/Can book 975.2 R28ca)
- • The Complete Book of Emigrants, 1607-1776 and Emigrants in Bondage, 1614-1775. Novato, California: Brøderbund Software, 1996. (Family History Library CD-ROM no. 9 pt. 350; not available at Family History Centers.) This lists about 140,000 immigrants who came to America from Britain from 1607 to 1776. Many immigrants to Maryland are listed. It may show the British hometown, emigration date, ship, destination, and text of the document abstract.
- • The Complete Book of Emigrants, 1607-1660 (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W2coL)
- • The Complete Book of Emigrants, 1661-1699 (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W2coL 1661-1699)
Ship Passenger Lists, 4 volumes
- - Ship Passenger Lists - edited and indexed by Carl Boyer; Newhall, California: Boyer, 1977-80; these books index miscellaneous immigration materials.
- • Vol. 1: National and New England (1600-1825) (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3s)
- • Vol. 2: New York and New Jersey (1600-1825) (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3sa)
- • Vol. 3: The South (1538-1825) (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3sb) (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3sc)
- • Vol. 4: Pennsylvania and Delaware (1641-1825) (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3sb)
Immigrants to America, 1600s-1800s CD
- - Immigrants to America, 1600s-1800s (FHL US/CAN CD-ROM no. 9 pt. 352)has information for about 200,000 immigrants. The CD contains the text of the following books:
- • Passenger Arrivals at the Port of Charleston (South Carolina), 1820-1829 (FHL US/CAN Book 975.7915 W39h)
- • Scotch-Irish Migration to South Carolina, 1772 (FHL US/CAN Book 975.7 W2s)
- • A Compilation of the Original Lists of Protestant Immigrants to South Carolina, 1763-1773 (FHL US/CAN Book 975.7 W2r)
- • Louisiana Colonials: Soldiers and Vagabonds (FHL US/CAN Book 976.3 M23d)
- • The Canary Islands Migration to Louisiana, 1778-1783 (FHL US/CAN Book 976.3 W3v)
- • Scottish Quakers and Early America, 1650-1700 (FHL US/CAN Book 974.9 A1 no. 131)
- • Scandinavian Immigrants in New York, 1630-1674 (FHL US/CAN Book 974.7 F2sce)
- • William Penn and the Dutch Quaker Migration to Pennsylvania (FHL US/CAN Book 974.8 W2h)
- • Immigration of Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania (FHL US/CAN Book 974.8 W2m)
- • Quaker Arrivals at Philadelphia (FHL US/CAN Book 974.811 K2m)
- • Swedish Settlements on the Delaware, 2 vols. (FHL US/CAN Book 974 H2j)
- • Passenger Arrivals at the Port of Baltimore, 1820-1834 (FHL US/CAN Book 975.26 W3p)
- • Passenger Arrivals at the Port of Philadelphia, 1800-1819 (FHL US/CAN Book 974.811 W3p)
- • Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867, 2 vols. (FHL US/CAN Book 971.6 W2s)
- • Settlers of Rensselaerswyck, 1630-1658 (FHL US/CAN Book 974.7 A1 no. 679)
- • Passenger Arrivals, 1819-1820 (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3)
- • Rhode Island Passenger Lists (FHL US/CAN Book 974.5 W3t)
- • Passengers who arrived in the United States, September 1821 - December 1823 (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3u)
Immigrants to the New World, 1600s-1800s CD
- - CD-ROM: Immigrants to the New World, 1600s-1800s (FHL US/CAN CD-ROM no. 9 pt. 170). Contains the following 5 books, which index approximately 58,000 individuals who arrived in New England or the Mid-Atlantic states between 1572 and 1878--
- • New World Immigrants, Volume I (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3tn v. 1)
- • New World Immigrants, Volume II (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3tn v. 2)
- • Emigrants to Pennsylvania, 1641-1819 (FHL US/CAN Book 974.8 W3t)
- • Immigrants to the Middle Colonies (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3te)
- • Passengers to America (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3t)
New World Immigrants, 2 volumes
- - New World Immigrants a Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists and Associated Data from Periodical Literature by Michael Tepper (Editor); GPC 1988 (2 Volumes) (FHL US/CAN Book 973 W3tn) More than 27,500 emigrants who arrived from 1618-1878. The passengers are mainly English, Irish, Scottish, German, Swiss, French, Dutch, Norwegian, and Russian-German. Both volumes are also available on the Immigrants to the New World CD-Rom (just above).
- This page was last modified on 14 July 2014, at 17:48.
- This page has been accessed 6,695 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page