Earsham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Depwade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
EARSHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Depwade, hundred of Earsham, E. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (S. W. by W.) from Bungay. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Earsham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Earsham, Norfolk Online Records|
- Parish Registers are available on film through a Family History Center and at the Family History Library. The first film number is 2262381.
- All Saints Church, record of graves are available online through the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections as Norfolk Monumental Inscriptions, Earsham.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438852..
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Earsham on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel, A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 124-127. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 22 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 8 October 2014, at 16:16.
- This page has been accessed 3,383 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki