East Carleton, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to East Carleton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|East Carleton, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Henstead PLU|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
CARLTON (East), a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; on the Norfolk railway, near Hethersett station, 4½ miles E of Wymondham. There were formerly two parishes,St. Mary and St. Peter.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
East Carleton, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|East Carleton, Norfolk Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438863.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- East Carleton on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 22 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:33.
- This page has been accessed 1,401 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More