East Tuddenham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to East Tuddenham, Norfolk family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|East Tuddenham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Mitford and Launditch PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
TUDDENHAM, EAST (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Mitford, W. division of Norfolk, 8½ miles (W. N. W.) from Norwich. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists.
East Tuddenham All Saints is an Ancient Parish in the Hingham Deanery of the Diocese of Norwich and the Mattishall Benefice.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438864.
Civil Registration Districts
Post 1837 registration events may be searched online at Free BMD
- Mitford 1837-1938
- East Dereham 1939-1974
East Tuddenham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|East Tuddenham, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 447
Poor Law Unions
Records of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union1776-1948
Norfolk Record Office C/GP 14
Extent 137 pieces
The following parishes comprised the 1836 union: Bawdeswell, Beeston, Beetley, Billingford, East Bilney, Bintry, Brisley, Bylaugh, Colkirk, Cranworth, East Dereham, Great Dunham, Little Dunham, North Elmham, Elsing, Foxley, Great Fransham, Little Fransham, Garvestone, Gately, Gressenhall, Guist, Hardingham, Hockering, Hoe, Horningtoft, Kempstone, Letton, East Lexham, West Lexham, Litcham, Longham, Lyng, Mattishall, Mattishall Burgh, Mileham, Oxwick with Pattesley, Reymerstone, Rougham, Scarning, Shipdham, Southburgh, Sparham, Stanfield, Swanton Morley, Thuxton, Tittleshall, East Tuddenham, North Tuddenham, Twyford, Weasenham All Saints, Weasenham St Peter, Wellingham, Wendling, Westfield, Whinburgh, Whissonsett, Wood Rising, Worthing, Yaxham.
All fifty parishes of Mitford and Launditch Hundreds were incorporated in 1775 under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of Mitford and Launditch, 15 Geo. III, cap. 59. In 1801 the parish of East Dereham separated from the Incorporation, but in 1836 all fifty original parishes plus ten from Eynesford Hundred joined together in a new union. The House of Industry belonging to the old incorporation, built at Gressenhall in 1776-1777, was repaired and altered in 1836 to become the new Union Workhouse. Mitford and Launditch Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 10 in 1930.
- East Tuddenham on GenUKI
- Mattishall Benefice website
- link to Norfolk Baptisms Project
- Norfolk Churches website
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 398-401. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 22 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 9 October 2014, at 15:12.
- This page has been accessed 1,500 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki