East Woodhay, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to East Woodhay, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|East Woodhay, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Kingsclere PLU|
|Parish registers: 1610|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Mid-1500s-1800 - Court of the Peculiar of East Woodhay with Ashmansworth; Post-1770 - Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
WOODHAY, EAST (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Kingsclere, hundred of Evingar, Kingsclere and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 5 miles (S. W. by W.) from Newbury. The Independents and Primitive Methodists have each a place of worship..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
East Woodhaye parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|GENUKI = GENUKI - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|EAST WOODHAY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288796.
Upsdell, Alma A. Robert Eady - Soldier and Settler. Family history of Robert Eady baptised May 1785 in East Woodhay, traces his life in the Military, and also his descendants, some moving to Michigan, U.S.A. and some to Ontario Canada. The Hampshire Family Historian, vol.XI,no.3, November 1984, pages 186-187, Family History Library Ref. 942.27 B2h
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 654-657. Date accessed: 17 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Phillimore Hampshire Parish Marriage Registers, Vol. 9 (1900). Digital version at GENUKI - free.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 21 July 2014, at 14:20.
- This page has been accessed 3,950 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki