Ecuador HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ecuador Ecuador History
In the 1500's, Spanish settlers joined Inca natives living in the Ecuador region. In 1563 the area became subject to the Viceroyalty of Peru, and later in 1720 the Viceroyalty of New Granada. In 1822, the region seceded from the Spanish crown and joined the Republic of Gran Colombia, but separated from that confederacy in 1830.
The latter half of the 1800's and the first part of the 1900's continued the turbulent governance of the first half of the 1800's, with the government changing quickly, many times. Some semblance of order and democracy began to emerge in the middle of the 20th century, and an unsettled government has persisted until the present time.
- English wiki entry on history of Ecuador
- Spanish wiki entry on history of Ecuador
- Princeton University history of Ecuador
- BBC timeline of history of Ecuador
- "Ecuador: Its Ancient and Modern History" et al., a Google eBook, published in 1914
- "Historia General de la República del Ecuador," an archive.org eBook, published in 1903
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2014, at 17:14.
- This page has been accessed 176 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki