Edgefield, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Archives and Libraries
- Edgefield death notices and cemetery records FHL Book 975.737/E1 V4m. Also available on microfiche 6048060 Fiches 1-4 (4 fiche)
- Epitaphs Edgefield County, South Carolina FHL Book
- Inscriptions from Edgefield Village Baptist Cemetery: including Trinity Episcopal Church Section and Willowbrook Cemetery FHL Microfilm 9417
1843 SC Highway 23 West
Edgefield, SC 29824-3304
"Antioch Baptist Church had begun as part of the Separatist Baptist movement in 1804, but had reorganized in 1830."
Berea Baptist Church
Big Creek Butler Churchyard
First Baptist Church
Gilgal Church Rd
Edgefield, SC 29824
Nazareth United Methodist Church
Ouzts Newer Ground
Long Cane Road, Edgefield, SC
Cemetery is located off of Long Cane Road in Edgefield County, South Carolina. From the intersection of State Hwy 378 and Long Cane Road, head East towards Edgefield. The cemetery is located off a side road, 1.3 miles after the intersection, on the right hand side of the road. There are signs for Ouzts / Utz family cemetery along the way.
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
Pleasant Lane Baptist Church
The Rainsford family burial ground is located about eight miles southwest of Edgefield, on the estate known as Rainsford Old Place, settled by John Rainsford, who came to South Carolina in 1773 from England.
Red Oak Grove Baptist Church
This cemetery is located on private property. In order to reach this cemetery, a person must pass through two different pastures on foot. The road is 2 1/2 miles of dirt, but after the first mile, it is not being maintained and is almost impassable.
Simmon Ridge Baptist Church
286 Center Spring Rd
Edgefield, SC 29824
Phone: (803) 637-6348
St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
The adjacent cemetery contains the graves of several Confederate soldiers, including that of Dr. Harwood Burt, the father of Catholicism in Edgefield County.
Willow Spring Baptist Church
- Edgefield County, S.C.: sifting through ashes of the 1890 census FHL Book 975.737 R4b
Includes tax records for the year 1891 and an 1891 census of the village of Edgefield. The 1890 census was destroyed by fire.
Church History and Records
Emigration and Immigration
Land and Property
Military History and Records
- - 13th Regiment, South Carolina Infantry,
- - Company A
- - 16th Battalion, South Carolina Cavalry,
- - Company B
- - Company G
Societies, Libraries and Museums
|This South Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,796 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More