Edgerton County, MontanaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The nine original counties of Montana including Edgerton County were established by the first territorial legislature in Bannack City , Montana on February 2 1865. All of the original nine counties exist to this day with altered boundaries.
Origin of Name
Edgerton County, was named in honor of the first territorial governor of Montana. MONTANA HISTORY ALMANAC: Montana divided into first counties
Edgerton County is now Lewis and Clark Butler County. More infomation can be gained at MONTANA HISTORY ALMANAC: Montana divided into first counties
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
*MONTANA HISTORY ALMANAC: Montana divided into first counties
- Family History Library Catalog
- and Clark/ Lewis and Clark County, Montana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 03:56.
- This page has been accessed 559 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More