Edgewood New Mexico Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Contacts and Hours
Location and Map
- County Rd 7 1/2 miles South of I-40 [18 Edgewood 7] Edgewood, New Mexico 87015 United States
- Located south of Walgreens
- List other languages guest will get help with when they come to the FHC center.
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such as which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Please include if there is a handicapped accessible entrance.
- 1 505-281-5384
- Marjorie J. Kraus - 1 505-286-1161
- Assistant Director: Kenneth G. Kraus
- Tue., Wed., 10:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Closed Thanksgiving week
- Closed all Sundays in December
- Closed for Christmas
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Family History Fair
Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Class presentations will be recorded sessions from the RootsTech Conference held February 5-8, 2014, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Attend up to 4 classes on a variety of Family History topics.
- Please choose one class from the three scheduled classes during each of the 4 class times.
- 12 different classes will be offered during the fair.
- Online registration will be available in early March
Class: Using County Websites for Family History
Wednesday, Feb 26, at 10:30 am and Sunday, Mar 9, at 6 pm
- The Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center has a collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These websites include
19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
Access Newspaper Archive
Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
Find My Past
Fold3.com Previously known as Footnote.com
Godfrey Memorial Library
Heritage Quest Online
Historic Map Works Library Edition
World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Computers for Patron Use
- 3 Microfilm/Microfiche Readers
What We Do:
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide Training. See the class schedule above.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunteer at the Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center please email email@example.com.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:00.
- This page has been accessed 2,887 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki