Edith Weston, RutlandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Edith Weston, Rutland family history and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Edith Weston, Rutland|
|Poor Law Union||Oakham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1585|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1701|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Rutland Record Office|
EDITH-WESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Oakham, hundred of Martinsley, county of Rutland, 7 miles (W. S. W.) from Stamford. 
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edith Weston like this:
- EDITH-WESTON, or Edweston, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; on the river Gwash, 1¾ mile NNW of Luffenham r. station, and 5½ SE by E of Oakham.
The Victoria County History of Edith Weston (1935) is available. It includes a history of the manor, church, advowson, and charities.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Edith Weston, Rutland parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Edith Weston, Rutland Parish Online Records|
Deposited records are found at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office.
Diocese of Peterborough : Edith Weston Bap 1585 - 1882 Marr 1585 - 1890 (Banns to1993) Bur 1585 - 1992
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474578.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Rutland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 04 December 2013.
- ↑ A History of the County of Rutland, Volume 2 (1935). A History of the County of Rutland. Adapted. Date accessed: 20 May 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Rutland, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 04:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,034 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki