Emmett Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Emmett Idaho Family History Center has been serving patrons in the Gem County area since 1989.It is staffed by 16 volunteers who have various kinds of genealogical experience. They are here to help anyone, from those just getting started to those who have been researching their ancestors for years. There is also a free annual Family History Fair with workshops and lectures held in February.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 980 W Central Road Emmett ID 83617 United States
- The entrance is located on the west end of the building.
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
The week of July 4th: The week of Thanksgiving: The week of Christmas: The week of New Years:
Calendar and Events
Collection of Obituaries copied from Emmett Idaho Newspapers, dates cover 1874-2006.
FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 computers with internet access for family history research
- 2 printers (.05 cents per page print)
- 1 scanner
- 2 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reacher
- Recommended bringing a digital camera for capturing microfilm images
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Gem County Courthouse
Gem County Historical Society & Museum
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering at the Emmett Family History Center or in teaching family history classes please contact the director.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:59.
- This page has been accessed 1,113 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki