Endon, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Endon, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Leek PLU|
|Parish registers: 1731|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1805|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
ENDON, a township, in the parish and union of Leek, N. division of the hundred of Totmonslow and of the county of Stafford, 4½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Leek.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Endon parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|ENDON PARISH (1731) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474630.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, ATopographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 173-177. Date accessed: 30 October 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,696 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More