England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I find instances where records are not where they would be expected to be found. How can I find the correct set of records?
Answer #1: These records are filed together by Archdeaconry for each year and arranged alphabetically by the name of the parish. Not all bishops’ transcripts survived. Consequently, not all parishes will be found in the records for a single year nor necessarily in alphabetical order.
Original parish records should be searched when available. The original record pages, as they are shown in this collection, may be out of sequence. When searching this Bishop’s Transcripts collection, if a record cannot be found in the year and or sequence expected, the search should be broadened.
The following is a list of known discrepancies:
Archdeaconry of Norfolk
- 1842 > T-Y: Thurlton Parish records with dates ranging from 1838-1842 are included in the Year 1842 collection and those records are missing from Thurlton records in the collections for Years 1838, 1839, 1840, and 1841.
- 1842 > T-Y: Thurlton Parish records that appear in Images 32, 33, and 34 include Register pages 41, 44, 45, 42, 43, and 22 - in that order.
- 1853 > G-L: Houghton-on-the-Hill and Pickenham North records may be mixed together in some years as noted in the catalog description for these records
- 1856 > T-Y; many records between Images 70 and 201 are for years 1853, 1854, 1855, or 1857.
- 1878: There are many record for other years, as early as 1872
Archdeaconry of Norwich
- 1806-1807 > A-Y > Image 1-9: The images at this browse point are from the years 1810 and 1812. Images 1-7 are 1810 and 8-9 are 1812.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 > Norfolk > Archdeaconry of Norwich > 1825 > D-K > Image 177 of 285
- If you are reporting a technical issue, please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 15 May 2014, at 04:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,510 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki