England Norfolk Parish Register Marriages, 1837-1900Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Marriages of people from Norfolk and Suffolk may be found indexed with attached images for free. This is an alternative to purchasing the civil registration certificate.
Step 1: Search for the name of a person you think may have married in a Norfolk parish after 1 July 1837 at:
Step 2: If a likely marriage is found compare the new information with what you already know to be sure it fits then record any new information
What to expect from the record
Marriages in parish registers after 1837 show:
- names of the bride and groom
- date and place of marriage
- age and marital status of the bride and groom
- occupation and residence of the bride and groom
- names of the groom's father and bride's father along with their occupations
What if you didn't find the marriage?
- Compare the locations where the family lived with the parishes included in the collection by looking at the collection coverage table. Be sure to look at the dates covered also. If you looked for a marriage in 1875 and the parish or collection date starts in 1880 then a different search will be needed.
- Nearly all marriages after 1 July 1837 should be part of the civil registration records. Start a search in these records at FreeBMD.org.uk
- This page was last modified on 20 August 2012, at 17:09.
- This page has been accessed 389 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki