Euchee Indian School (Oklahoma)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Euchee Boarding School was authorized in 1891 and built in 1894 near Sapulpa, Oklahoma. It was originally a co-educational facility under the direction of the Presbyterian Mission at Park Hill. From 1897 to 1907 it was supervised by the Creek Nation. In 1907 the administration of the school was transferred to the Office of Indian Affairs. In 1925, it became a boys school and in 1929, the integration of the older students to the Sapulpa public school system was initiated. The school was abolished in 1947 and all remaining students were transferred to the Sapulpa schools.
At least some of the records of this school are in the National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth), including student case files, 1912-1947, and other records relating to enrollment and attendance.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Euchee School, 1912-1935, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 34, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724252). Reports for some years are missing.
A census of the employees and pupils of Euchee Boarding School in 1920 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is at the end of the listing for Sapulpa Township, Creek County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District 45, Sheet 21A).
A census of the employees and pupils of Euchee School in 1930 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is part of the listing for Sapulpa, Creek County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District #19-43, Sheet 1A).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,304 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki