Exeter Family History Centre, Devon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a volunteer run family history centre serving the Exeter and surrounding areas. Films can be shipped to our centre after using the following website FamilySearch.org to order them. We have helpful, friendly volunteers who can help you get started or assist you with your research.
Centre Contacts and Hours
- Link to location on google map
- The Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Siants, Wonford Road, Devon, England. EX2 4UD United Kingdom
- We are opposite the Nufield Hospital.
- We have car parking, at the front or to the rear of the Chapel
- Please go to the front door and ring the bell on the left.
- 44 0 1392 250 723
- Tues: 10:30am-3:00pm.
- 1:1 support may be arranged by appointment, please email to request.
- Opening hours to be increased soon
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Collections: We have a small collection of microfilm in stock, details of which you will find when ordering your prefered film(s) through the online ordering system (FamilySearch.org).
- 'FHC Portal' This center has a Family History Centre Portal giving free access to premium family history software and websites such as Ancestry, FindMyPast and the Genealogists, as well as other websites.
- Hardware and Equipment:
- We have two computers which can be reserve for one or more hours,
- We have one computer kept as a "Drop-in". The drop-in computer can be accessed for one hour - no appointment necessary - (or longer if there are no other patrons waiting) after which you will be required to giveway to the next patron within ten minuets of thier arrival..
- We have a Lexmark printer/scanner which can be used to scan documents and photos directly into your FamilySearch Family Tree or for printing documents (Black & White only).
- We have one microfilm reader which can be reserved for one or more hours.
- We have Wifi access so you can bring your own laptop or tablet. There is no portal access from the Wifi but we cab help you setup and use a free FamilySearch account and other software.
- We are wheelchair accessable and can provide good working space for wheelchair-users.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Devon Record Office is located on the outskirts of Exeter at Great Moor House, Bittern Road Sowton, Exeter, Devon EX2 7NL 01392 384253
The Devon Family History Society 'Tree House' is located in the centre of city off Fore Street in the city centre at : Unit 1 , 7-9 King Street, Exeter, EX1 1BQ
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 29 June 2015, at 20:17.
- This page has been accessed 2,449 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News