Eyworth, BedfordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Eyworth, Bedfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||St Neots PLU|
|Registration District||Biggleswade; St Neots|
|Parish registers: 1650|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Neots|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Bedfordshire Record Office|
EYWORTH, is a parish in Biggleswade district, Bedfordshire; it is near the boundary of Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire, 4 miles E by N of Biggleswade town and railway station. 
Also seeA Topographical Dictionary of England.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Eyworth, Bedfordshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|Eyworth, Bedfordshire Online Parish Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241190.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Bedfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
- St Neots
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Eyworth on GENUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) Date accessed: 15 November 2013
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 195-206. Date accessed: 15 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Bedfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Bedfordshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Bedfordshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,222 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More