Eynsford, KentEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Eynsford, Kent family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Eynsford St Martin Kent
|Hundred||Axton, Dartford and Wilmington|
|Poor Law Union||Dartford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1669|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Rochester; Post-1844 - Canterbury|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Deaneries of Arches, Croydon and Shoreham; Post-1844 - Search the courts of surrounding parishes|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
EYNESFORD (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Dartford, hundred of Axton, Dartford, and Wilmington, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, W. division of Kent, 6 miles (S.) from Dartford. There is a place of worship for Baptists. 
Eynsford is a village and civil parish in the Sevenoaks District of Kent.Eynsford Wikipedia
Eynsford St Martin is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Rochester; a map of the parish boundary is available at A church near you part of Maplescombe is within the parish boundary. The civil parish includes Eynsford Castle, Lullingstone Castle and Lullingstone Roman Villa. Eynsford Castle Wikipedia Lullingstone Roman Villa Wikipedia
The parish church of St Martin has been designated as a grade I listed building British listed building
Although the present Eynsford Baptist church dates from 1906, the first Baptist building in Eynsford dated from 1806 and the first Baptist preaching dates from 1775 see Eynsford Baptist website
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Eynsford, Kent parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Eynsford, Kent Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||1538-1836||1538-1768, 1813-1837; 1768-1812 (banns)||1538-1862|
Eynsford Baptist Church 1799-1837 (Births) Batch (C091621)
Crockenhill All Souls parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Crockenhill All Souls Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 306875.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 195-206, Date accessed: 25 July 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 7 November 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish baptism records', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish marriage records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish burial records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Derived from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- ↑ 'England, Kent, Bishop's Transcripts, 1560-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Kent, Parish Registers, 1538-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 13 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Kent, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Medway Ancestors Imagebase: list of parishes, in alphabetical order', Cityark, accessed 8 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 2 June 2014, at 18:22.
- This page has been accessed 5,582 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki