Eynsham, Oxfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Eynsham, Oxfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Witney PLU|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1725|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford|
|Location of Archive|
|Oxfordshire Record Office|
ENSHAM (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Witney, hundred of Wootton, county of Oxford, 5½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Oxford. There are places of worship for Independents. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Eynsham parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FAMR = Family Relatives - (£)|
|FSBOOK = FamilySearch Books - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|EYNSHAM PARISH Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Oxfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 177-181. Date accessed: 20 September 2012.
- ↑ W.P.W. Phillimore, Oxfordshire Parish Registers, Volume 2 (London: Phillimore and Co., 1910). Digitised by Family Relatives - (£).
- ↑ W.P.W. Phillimore, Oxfordshire Parish Registers, Volume 2 (London: Phillimore and Co., 1910). Digitised by FamilySearch Books - free.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Oxford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 17 January 2014.
- ↑ 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 21 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,333 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More