Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, ShropshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, Shropshire|
|Poor Law Union||Wellington PLU|
|Parish registers: 1698|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1701|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
EYTON-upon-the-Wild-Moors (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wellington, Wellington division of the hundred of South Bradford, N. division of Shropshire, 2½ miles (N.) from Wellington. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, Shropshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Shropshire Records (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Eyton Upon the Weald Moors, Shropshire Parish Online Records|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1701-1898 Marr 1701-1837 Bur 1701-1898
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474581.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 195-206. Date accessed: 08 June 2012.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 24 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2014, at 20:00.
- This page has been accessed 1,001 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki