FamilySearch Wiki:Contributor assistanceEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Tips to avoid disputes|
The contributor assistance process requires good faith and civility on both sides of the dispute. The informal nature of the contributor assistance process is its chief advantage over more formal methods of resolving disputes. If the editing conflict cannot be resolved through informal assistance from others, the parties can request Formal Mediation.
How to list a dispute
Be sure to discuss the dispute on the talk page as the first step in the process before making a request here. If, after significant discussion, no agreement has been reached and only two contributors are involved, you may list the dispute below in the Active disagreements section. Otherwise, please follow other methods in the dispute resolution process.
Follow these instructions to make your request:
- Begin a new entry with a # symbol below earlier entries to preserve the numbering and chronological order of the list.
- Provide a section link to the specific talk page section followed by a brief neutral description of the dispute.
- Sign with five tildes (~~~~~) to add the date without your name. This is important to maintain neutrality.
- Do not discuss on this page: confine the discussion to the talk page where the dispute is taking place.
- This page was last modified on 4 October 2011, at 21:26.
- This page has been accessed 896 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page