FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 20 Dec 2011Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266  1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays

  • You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
  • Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.

Purpose of the meeting

Improve the Wiki

  • Forge solutions with other community contributors.
  • Share best practices, ideas, and content.
  • Discuss current issues, community matters, and strategies.
  • Move issues to decision.



Introduce new members


Kudos go to ...


Updates and follow up


Business/Announcements

  • For next week, please look at this page and the Talk page for it.  James has raised some questions and we would like to have a discussion on this and similar pages on Dec. 27th. Compiled Sources.  Thanks Lynda

Style Guide Discussions

  • County pages - suggestion for "Key facts" instead of "quick facts"?  
  • Suggestion to add this above TOC in that space and possibly not even label it.

Project Help Requests

Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:

Training Requests


Improve the Wiki

  • Beginning researchers would expect to do some guessing
  • "Educated" guess might be more appropriate in the title
  • Stylistic issue with the word in all of the titles - wasted space and repetitive - adds to concept of a "wild" guess.
  • Replace "Featured Content" with the following paragraph
  • Possible working with name variations
  • "theory" might be substituted or added
  • For beginners, we need to be simple and non-repetitive and avoid misunderstanding
  • Suggested title - How to Decide Where to Start
  • Talk page could be used to discuss some possible changes.  Dawne had talked to David Dilts, who didn't want to make any changes.  Lise will make some suggestions on the Talk page.
  • We need to make better use of the Talk page.  The more transparent, the better

Moderators and Adopters

  • Recruiting - a "business card" type item that could have information about meetings, content, etc.  Very simple, but informative - especially after a live presentation that could be handed out. (Lise)  a QR code could be added - scannabale bar code for URL.
  • Community could collaborate on how the card should look and then cards could be distributed to moderators and adopters (possibly disseminate at RootsTech) 
  • Cards would be personalized with name of moderator or adopter
    • It was also suggested that a template could be designed and printed individually by user (pdf) (could be downloaded and printed).  This seemed to be the most popular alternative.
  • FamilySearch logo use would require approval and possibly validate
  • Darris will find out if we need clearance - will check to see if they can be printed on personal computers
  • use Create team to have a contest to help design?
  • If handed out at RootsTech, use Avery templates and print them there and hand out as needed
  • We should have a standard form, not have everyone designing their own.
  • Carol Moss would be willing to help with the design and the Avery templates have some graphics, etc.
  • Pass-along cards could be adapted to have more white space for name and phone number.
  • We need to make it an easy process to get these - remove barriers
  • Possibility of using Pass-along cards, as well as personalized ones.
  • Use of getting them printed on-line from Office Depot, etc. is a good thing to look at.  Economical and easy
  • Look at results in two weeks - Jan. 3rd
  • Meet on Dec. 27th? Cancel,due to probability of slow agenda

Forums Overview

Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
Current forum threads of interest:


Polls


New since last week


Comments added since last week

Decisions made since last week




Be bold! Post your agenda items!

Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to discuss during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post them on the discussion page and link to them from the agenda.


  • This page was last modified on 20 December 2011, at 21:33.
  • This page has been accessed 329 times.