FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 29 Nov 2011Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266  1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays

  • You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
  • Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.

Purpose of the meeting

Improve the Wiki

  • Forge solutions with other community contributors.
  • Share best practices, ideas, and content.
  • Discuss current issues, community matters, and strategies.
  • Move issues to decision.



No meeting held: Thanksgiving week

Introduce new members


Kudos go to ...Support team for cleaning up links


Updates and follow up

  • Foreign Wiki's - need help with translations
    Rob Thomas from BYU will provide some help from BYU students

Business/Announcements

  • Lise is official FamilySearch employee as a member of the Community Catalyst committee, getting people into the contributor status

Style Guide Discussions


Project Help Requests

Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
  • Need translators for foreign wiki's
  • There might be a need for people who can help with Thai language, in the future

Training Requests

  • New missionaries will be training in January.  Contact Rorie or Elder Whiting if you have someone who would like to be a missionary for the Wiki

Improve the Wiki

  • Guidelines need to be updated to reflect in User pages.  
  • Regarding the RusGenproject page - Lise will contact the contributor to lead them to a better way to contributing to the Wiki.  The page is blatant advertising, which does not fit the scope of the wiki.
  • Darris suggested a committee to work on updating the User page guidelines and he will chair that committee and will enlist others to help with regard to advertising on pages
  • Historical Records pages problem with going to the bottom of the page- appears that it could be in the template, but we can ask in the Tech meeting also.  Ken will post on Known issues page.

Moderators and Adopters


Forums Overview

Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
Current forum threads of interest:


Polls


New since two weeks ago

  • Question about promotional User Page Points to a user page that seems largely advertising. The next post mentions some guidelines about this.
  • Moderators invited to post any concerns, questions, advice, etc.to the agenda for the Wiki Contributor's meeting on the first Tues. of each month

Comments added in last two weeks

Decisions made since last week




Be bold! Post your agenda items!

Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to discuss during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post them on the discussion page and link to them from the agenda.


  • This page was last modified on 29 November 2011, at 20:55.
  • This page has been accessed 329 times.