FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 9 May 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Nathan for being willing to lead the meeting today
- Steve for repairing the collapsable boxes
Updates and follow up
- Notice the wiki links on the home page, and on the Search box!
Community Council Report
- Wilma will add a link to the community council report for future meetings.
- Nathan shared stats that showed the difference beteen the visits to the wiki after the FS.org design change, and then after the Wiki link was added to the search page.
- Visits increased quite a bit after the Wiki link was added to Search
- We shared the Wiki Dashboard that shows wiki visitor graphs over the last few years. Wiki visits are up a large amount this year. Total page views per visit are down, which good be good because people are learning how to use the wiki better and becoming more efficient, visiting less pages.
- 100,000 return visitors each month
- 600,000 total visitors
New Agenda Items
- News - we are going to work harder to keep the News item on the home page more up-to-date. We invite others to add news to the Community News page. Let Charles know and he can add it to the home page as well.
Priority items for this meeting:
- Item: Collapsible Nav Boxes See Example on Mike Kehoe's Sandbox
- Goal for this item: Do we want to use them on the wiki?
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:
- We aren't sure what the exact discussion points were for this item, so we will postpone discussion until the next meeting.
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2013, at 16:25.
- This page has been accessed 525 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More