FamilySearch Wiki:Genealogical Services Wiki Advisory CouncilEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
article may be compromised due to outdated information.
interact with another page. It should not be modified or deleted.
SEE: Wiki Governance Council
Please add any comments to the talk page.
THIS COUNCIL IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT: SEE WIKI GOVERNANCE COUNCIL
Council Charter - THIS COUNCIL IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT
The Genealogical Services Wiki Advisory Council provides recommendations about Wiki structure, administration, and content in an advisory capacity. This council communicates their recommendations and suggestions with those within the Wiki community who may wish to implement and facilitate improvements. The Wiki community, defined herein, includes FamilySearch employees, missionaries, and individual community members. One of this council’s primary objectives is to help Wiki become a self-sufficient entity through community resources.
This council will seek to facilitate a more productive and useful Wiki experience for both new and experienced users through recommendations that may help to—
- • resolve user problems with the Wiki
- • improve structure and style of the Wiki
- • provide more user-friendly content, especially for the beginner
- • enhance the training experience for new Wiki contributors
- • clarify Wiki governance issues
- • suggest functions and features requests
- • provide ways in which to increase community support and leadership
What this Council is Not
This council is not empowered to authorize change or enforce final decisions that relate to the Wiki or impact those engaged in the contribution or management of Wiki.
Communication and Output
This Wiki Council will actively seek feedback, questions, and suggestions from each division of the department through verbal or written communications and periodic surveys. All feedback will be reviewed by the Council, with an appropriate response, recommendation, or action. This council will communicate with pertinent units of FamilySearch and members of the Wiki community, including the Wiki Community Council.
Recommendations from the Wiki Council will be communicated to appropriate individuals involved with the management and operation of the FamilySearch Wiki product, as well as the Wiki community.
Measurements of Success
- • Increased numbers of unique Wiki visitors and contributors
- • Identification and resolution of Wiki issues that constitute barriers to growth
- • Removal of barriers to beginner Wiki users and contributors
- • Retention of Wiki contributors
This council will meet bi-weekly. Meeting frequency and effectiveness will be evaluated periodically by this council.
A summary report of the Council’s activities will be issued monthly to appropriate channels of the FH Department, including Ben Bennett, Diane Loosle, Blair Keddington, Darris Williams, Janelle Vasquez, and members of the Genealogical Services Leadership Group.
The council (or its spokesperson) will meet periodically with the Genealogical Services Leadership Group to report and discuss results. A Wiki measurement report will also be created to measure Wiki progress in areas of interest.
2013 Wiki Visitor and Contributor Statistics Reports
Proposed Council Members
- • Linda Gulbrandsen
- • Alan Mann
- • Barbara Bell
- • Blair Keddington (standing invite)
- • Danielle Batson (temp chair)
- • Darris Williams (standing invite)
- • David Dilts
- • Janelle Vasquez (standing invite)
- • Michael Ritchey (standing invite)
- • Naomi Davidson
- • Nathan Murphy
- • Raymon Naisbitt
- • Sylvie Pysnak
- This page was last modified on 14 January 2015, at 01:27.
- This page has been accessed 2,496 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More