FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Governance CouncilEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Purpose of the FamilySearch Wiki Governance Council
The Wiki Governance Council has oversight for the direction and management of the FamilySearch Wiki, including over the Wiki Community Council. The purpose of the Wiki Governance Council is to facilitate a valuable and productive experience for all Wiki users.
Responsibilities of the FamilySearch Wiki Governance Council
Responsibilities of the council include:
- Direct and oversee all Wiki policies, processes, programs, and projects
- Coordinate with FamilySearch divisions that utilize the Wiki (Indexing, BYU-Idaho, Historical Records, Office of the Chief Genealogical Officer, etc.)
- Define Community Council role and purpose, and collaborate with the council
- Oversee Wiki content and strategy
- Resolve user problems with the Wiki
- Strive to improve structure, functions, features, and style of the Wiki
- Enhance the training experience for new Wiki contributors
- Clarify Wiki governance issues
- Search for ways in which to increase community support and leadership
- Administer the volunteer experience
- Advocate for the Wiki to FamilySearch and serve as an intermediary between the Wiki community and FamilySearch management
FamilySearch Wiki Governance Council
Giuseppe Martinengo – Chair
Danielle Batson – Vice Chair
Baerbel Johnson - Member
Caleb Love - Member
Lisa McBride - Member
Nathan Murphy - Member
Teri Brown – Community Council Representative
Jane Colmenares – Community Council Representative
- This page was last modified on 29 January 2015, at 16:10.
- This page has been accessed 2,038 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More