FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Ohio pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages and Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Migration routes
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, click here: Instructions for filling out stub articles. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality, review Category: Ohio stubs.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article or Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Specific Needs for Your Area
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- If you are interested in being the moderator for Ohio, please contact the Support Team
Maintaining Existing Pages
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in Ohio. Would you like to help as a moderator?
- This page was last modified on 23 November 2014, at 01:52.
- This page has been accessed 2,435 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More