FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Utah pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages and Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Repair Broken Links
- UpdateAlta, Utah article
- Update Bluffdale, Utah article
- Update Cottonwood Heights, Utah article
- Update Draper, Utah article
- Update Herriman, Utah article
- Update Holladay, Utah article
- Update Midvale, Utah article
- Update Murray, Utah article
- Update Riverton, Utah article
- Update Sandy, Utah article
- Update Salt Lake City, Utah article
- Update South Jordan, Utah article
- Update South Salt Lake, Utah article
- Update Taylorsville, Utah article
- Update West Jordan, Utah article
- Update West Valley City, Utah article
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. and Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow the link below to help fill out pages that need more information.
- In the Utah articles on the Research Wiki, we have a large number of Stub Pages for articles about cities and towns within the state. Go to the bottom of this page and click on the Category for Stub categories page and then click on the category of "Utah stubs" or click on the hidden category for "Utah stubs" for a list of the pages needing help.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Maintaining Existing Pages
Specific Needs for Your Area
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or country, please contact the Support Team
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
- This page was last modified on 23 November 2014, at 01:56.
- This page has been accessed 2,585 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page